Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Laundry night

If the vending machines in my dorm sold cheesy grits, I would be the happiest lady alive. Unfortunately, they don't so on my way to the creepy basement in my dorm to do laundry I was forced to select the next best thing. And that is Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream. P.S. I like cheese.

It is Tuesday night, that means it's laundry night. Why? because there's no one else doing laundry on Tuesday nights at 2:15 in the morning. Also, because all my clothes smell like frat from the weekend.

Tonight I wrote an internship proposal on impoverished communities. Then I watched two hours of Law and Order. After that I went to the 420 suite (shout outz) where I played silent rounds of Scrabulous on facebook and bitched about my life briefly. (Thanks Ashley).

Updates/Thoughts while I wait on my laundry:

What's currently written on my hand? a babysitting gig, a reminder about a receipt, another reminder about money that I owe someone (surprise...I know), a reminder about community service hours, and a coffee date with a professor. All that on one hand, and a lot of this stuff has been written on there since this morning. I know...I'm impressed too. (Yes, I have been washing my hands after I use the restroom...sick people).

What I miss about being in a relationship: someone to give you back scratches and put lotion on the parts you can't reach.

Number of dollars in my bank account: 6

Number of cigarettes in my last pack: 10

Number of papers left in the semester: 1

Number of exams left in the semester: 3

Number of comps left to write: 6

Number of comps left to edit: 2

Days 'til I go home: 15, how the hell I'm gonna get there is beyond me. I bought two gallons of gas yesterday and I have the aforementioned 6 dollars which will only buy two more. That's like 100 miles worth of driving if I park my car now and don't drive it again 'til I leave for Atlanta. P.S. Home is 150 miles away and I don't own anything short enough to give me any sort of hitch-hiking advantage. Maybe I should buy that book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, only something tells me that that piece of literature has nothing to do with actual hitch-hiking. C'est la vie.

No comments: