Monday, November 12, 2007

Friday

Last Friday a very large box arrived for me in the Student Post Office (SPO). I love it when I receive very large boxes in the SPO. Why? Because it's sort of like a huge status symbol to walk out of the building carrying a very large box of who knows what. Mainly it says, someone loves you enough to send you a very large box full of, for all that the preppies know, air.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. The box did not contain anything for me. But what's inside, oh my, is a bridal shower gift for one of my very bestest friends. Though I'm excited about the bridal shower and the wedding and my friend's happiness, I can't help but be perplexed.

My friend who is the same age as me, will be married two weeks before we graduate from college. You can't tell it, but I just paused for a long moment sort of stunned at the previous sentence. Not only is Katie getting married in May, but Marge, Katrina and Amanda are engaged. I am so happy for them, so very happy. But at the same time, so very very shocked, bewildered, dumbfounded (and other synonyms).

Most of my wardrobe is comprised of the color black. I do not own grown up church clothes. My idea of dressing up entails tights and my mom's old scarves from when she was single. Classy, but definitely not married-type-of-people clothing. First order of business over Christmas break: purchase a pants suit and heels that I will not scuff and will be kept in the box and are made of a real adult material, leather perhaps.

I heart you engaged ladies, but you guys are making me purchase kitchen appliances when I feel like I should be doing collegy things for you to celebrate, like taking each of you out for a pitcher at Shenanigan's.

No comments: