Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Holy God.

My mom and I ventured to North Point Mall today. There were gates placed strategically in an effort to herd the shopping goats, donkeys and horseys to their destinations. Having been raised in Seneca, SC (aka. smallest town ever, highlights were the new Super Wal-Mart '04 and the Cinemax 8, which was upgraded from a 6 in '02), I have never seen anything like it. Of course, it took 15 minutes to find a parking space, and we had to fight a Camry for it. My mom drives a mini-van; we totally won. :)

We got in the mall after having to wait on some guy who was trying to get out of a parking spot in an SUV he totally didn't know how to drive. (Rich people! *gawk*) My first stop, Regis. Mom's first stop, JCPenney's. Me for a haircut, her for an electric blanket. (That! is a sobering comparison.) Anyway, the point of the story and my drunken babbling:

The lady who cut my hair, didn't speak any English. Her name is Salvia, and I'm guessing she's from eastern Europe. Now, I don't know how much you people know about me but. I am VERY particular about my hair. Let's just say, she and I were communicating via a picture and the most elementary form of human communication: facial expressions. I'd smile if I wanted her to cut in one spot and frown for another. It turned out alright, but initially, and for the duration of the hair cutting experience, I wanted to cry.

My mom laughed when she arrived from JCP to get me. Apparently my facial expression was priceless. It was kind of like that deer-in-headlights look, minus the perked up ears. Though I will admit, my hands and legs were tense the entire time and I was more than ecstatic to be walking out of there.

Next was the birthday shopping, I had to fight some lady for the last pair of size *& Classic Fit blue jeans in Gap. Also, I got a really snazzy green sweater, scarf, stripedy shirt, socks, and these really cool sock/slipper things with the no-slip circles on the bottom. All in all, I'd say it was a successful adventure to the mall. I'm really glad to be home, full of Thanksgiving leftovers and with a manageable hair-do.

Watch out Decatur, here I come!

No comments: