Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dear God,

If you could manage a miracle this week sometime, may I request that it be performed for my benefit?

I realize that this may be a really selfish request, but just hear me out:

1. Alright, I have 1000 words written out of 6400 words that are due by Friday at 5pm. I have "the psychological block of writing." This is different from the traditional writer's block in that it is only affecting my ability to produce written work for professors in the psychology department of which will be critiqueing my knowledge of psychology. And as you can see, I am able to write this blog entry; entirely different types of blocks.

2. My ankle, it is the size of a softball. and it hurts. and it's blue.

3. My friends, they're all quitting smoking, but 'cept I'm not, but yet they all keep bitching to me that they want to smoke. I'm having a difficult time being compassionate mainly due to number 1.

4. My mind, it wanders. It produces lines of poetry and other stuff that are lovely but not helpful right now when I need to be concentrating, mainly on number 1.

5. My Indigo Girls tickets have not arrived yet.

So, you see God, these are my problems and they're a little bit pressing. And, if you could help me out, I'd, you know, like, go to church and all that jazz but mainly, it would make me happy. And I'd like to be just a little happy this week.

Thanks and Bless you(?),
Bertha

No comments: